One of the best gifts during the holidays or any time of year is the gift of life – when blood saves a life it transforms families. Whether a member of your own family or a stranger’s family needs blood, the recipient is truly thankful. Bloodworks Northwest urges you to plan to give blood at the Orcas Island Blood Drive set for Thursday, December 17 from noon to 6 p.m. at the Fire Station in Eastsound.
Blood Drive FAQs:
- Yes, you can donate if you’ve had a flu shot.
- Yes, you can donate if you’ve had a tattoo in the past 12 months – as long as it was performed in a licensed facility in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, or California.
- Yes, you can donate if you are a diabetic – as long as you are healthy you are able to give.
- Yes, you can donate if you are taking blood pressure medicine, as long as your blood pressure is within range.
- Yes, you can donate six weeks after pregnancy.
- And there is NO upper age limit – as long as you are healthy and have a beating heart you’re eligible!
More questions? Call Bloodworks Northwest at 800-398-7888 ext. 2.
To make an appointment, please contact Paul at 376-6804 or send an email to email@example.com.