The San Juan County Council will be taking public testimony on the proposed Shoreline Master Program (SMP) update at a Public Hearing on March 29, 2016, 9:15 a.m. in the County Council Chambers, 55 Second Street, Friday Harbor, according to Colin Maycock, county planner.
The corrected public hearing notice which contains directions for the submission of public comments can be found here: https://sanjuanco.com/CDP/docs/SMP/2016_03_15_PH_Notice_on_SMP_03-29-2016_revised.pdf
The Council will be considering the following documents:
- The draft Comprehensive Plan Section B, Element 3
- The draft ordinance repealing Sections 18.50.010 – 18.50.390 of Chapter 18.50 SJCC and amending Official Comprehensive Plan Land Use and Shoreline Maps; adopting new Shoreline Master Program Regulations and a Shoreline Restoration Plan; and amending Section B, Element 3 of the Comprehensive Plan and Chapters 18.20 and 18.80 SJCC.
- The draft restoration plan
- The draft Comprehensive Plan Land Use and Shoreline Map for San Juan Island
- The draft Comprehensive Plan Land Use and Shoreline Map for Lopez Island
- The draft Comprehensive Plan Land Use and Shoreline Map for Orcas Island.